Your quilt is important to me. In order to guarantee the highest quality and satisfaction in the finished product, please consider the following as you prepare your quilt for quilting:
- Make sure your seams are well pressed. Top and back should be flat and well pressed.
(Press seams open on the back fabric)
- If the quilt has a top and bottom, please mark them.
- Make sure your backing is at least 4-6" bigger on all sides.
If you are providing the batting, it should also be at least 4" bigger on all sides than the quilt top.
- When choosing a back fabric, keep in mind the thread color that you are going to want for the top.
Light colored thread on a dark back or dark colored thread on a light back will create a major contrast.
- Ripples in the borders will not "quilt out" so be sure you measure them carefully.
- Please do not bring sheets for back fabric. It causes too many thread breaks.
- Note: The denser the quilting design the more your quilt will "shrink" during the quilting process.